Lexie's Accessories

This one is strictly for school. If you want to be cool, go to myspace. But for now, I'll be chillin in here.. doing my soph. english comp. (I actually am really excited about this).

Friday, September 02, 2005

I used to want to have twins.




I'm a nanny for 3 adorable little girls, India, Eliza, and Lillie. India and Eliza are twins, 3 1/2 years old, and Lillie is their baby sister, 1 1/2 years old. I used to want to have a set of twins later on in life (after i get married and start a family.. you know, all that jazz). After watching these girls in actions, I no longer have that desire!
Eliza was born first. She's passive and is always giggling. Shes got gorgeous green eyes with lil brown stars in them. I love it when she tells me how happy she is.
India is a nut but I'm in love with her. She talks about random stuff; this past Tuesday I was over there and she wanted me to take her to get married. I asked who she would marry.. she said me. I told her she should marry the little boy Alexander from down the street. (Alexander is also a twin with Amelia. They're the same age as I and E. Except they have cool nicknames: Mia & Ozzy). She said he couldn't play because he loves Eliza. I always wonder about children's reasoning. India was 2nd of the twins, and Sue, their mama, says Eliza was born first because India just booted her outta there. She's just got that kinda personality, ready to go.
Lillie is the sweetest baby I have ever taken care of. She's so little for her age. This past March, I went on a trip with their family and Lillie started walking. She took her first steps to me, i was so happy.
I love watching them grow, and they grow up so fast at their ages! All 3 girls speak Spanish and English; their other nannies are hispanic and don't speak any english. I think its wonderful that they're bilingual at such a young age. I remember my Nana wanting to teach me Italian when I was little, but my mom said no, it would just confuse me. I guess at that time, the facts hadn't come out yet about how learning a foreign language at a young age was incredibly easy. So Lillie calls her sippy-cups, "agua". Even if there is "leche" in it. India asks me to kiss her "boca" every night when I tuck her in. And Eliza, well, she always apologizes in spanish. "Lo Siento Lesss(always drags out my nickname), Lo siento."
I'm so attached to those girls, I miss them when they're not around. But this is what I call a good dose of birth control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home