Lexie's Accessories

This one is strictly for school. If you want to be cool, go to myspace. But for now, I'll be chillin in here.. doing my soph. english comp. (I actually am really excited about this).

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Unit I Reflection


I was surprised how my research evolved. My first question was just kind of blah, and it could have been answered in many different ways. But surprisingly, as I analyzed my case studies, four specific things came screaming out at me, answering my proposed question. I really struggled with how I should say, “Look, these are my opinions, and yours will probably (and most likely) be different.” I struggled with how to show my credibility without saying, “these are the final answers and nobody else’s opinions are correct.”
While researching, I learned how information just kind of falls in to your hands. Or more, my hands. I really struggled with writing though. I felt it important to introduce what I was talking about, like a speech, but Jason wasn’t so cool on that style of writing. So I really had to get creative with my wordings, but I think I pulled through.
The value of case study methodology is very important because it involves real life. All the blogs I analyzed were written by real people. None of the blogs were Cinderella fairy tales. I really appreciated and enjoyed the three case studies I looked at. They made me feel more comfortable about myself. Besides, who else puts their sh*t on blast?! Ha-ha.
If I had to start over with this project, I would have chosen my blogs more carefully. I had to do some revising because one of my blogs just wasn’t working for what I was asking. I switched from Opinionista to Dooce. But it really worked out in the end; Dooce had a lot to offer me concerning my methodology. I wish we would have worked on wordings instead of just introducing what we were supposed to talk about. Let me make this clear, I was confused on how to start paragraphs without blatantly stating what I was going to talk about. In some cases, I felt it necessary to state this, but in others, I understood why Jason didn’t want us writing like that.
For students next semester, I think an analysis focusing on music would be cool to do case studies with. Currently, my roommate is writing a paper on music and race, and I find it fascinating. I also think that they should do something like a blog, you know, something very up to date. It helps the “sheltered” people get out more! But I did enjoy this topic and I am glad our first paper was on it. I think I can speak for almost everyone in the class; the blogosphere is an entertaining and wild world!

1 Comments:

At October 06, 2005 6:03 AM, Blogger Muse-ack_Man said...

That is a cool pic for the reflection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home