Lexie's Accessories

This one is strictly for school. If you want to be cool, go to myspace. But for now, I'll be chillin in here.. doing my soph. english comp. (I actually am really excited about this).

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

kids say the darndest things




Remember the kids I told yall about that I nanny for? Well, okay, I'll refresh your memory. India and Eliza are twins, 3 1/2. Their baby sister is Lillie, and she is 1 1/2. I usually take them out every monday and we go to the mall or chuck e. cheese or chic fil a, something along those lines. Well, about a month ago, in the mall's restrooms, India, Lillie, and I were waiting for Eliza to finish up. There was this overweight lady in there, and she was talking to India. Well, as soon as the lady said, "You have ver nice children" India blurts our REAL LOUD, "You have a big stomach!" As she says this, I am washing Eliza's hands, and I see Eliza start to repeat India, and I slap her mouth holding it shut. How embarrassing. But isn't it funny how kids say what other people think? So innocent.
So I thought that was over, Eliza told me it was not nice to hold her mouth shut, I told both of the them it was not nice to tell people they had big tummies. The end. Or so I thought.
The next week we were at Chuck E. Cheese and of course here comes another overweight lady, and I look at the twins and they blurt those dreaded words out. I'm so embarrassed yet want to laugh because it's just so funny. And sad. They don't realize thats a no-no. So I give them a lecture how if they feel the need to tell me about someone they see with a big tummy, then wait till we get home. So their new motto was, "We don't say people have big tummies, we wait till we get home".
Okay, last night, at the mall, in the restroom again, waiting for Eliza to finish, and there is this obese lady standing in the bathroom. She's holding a very small baby in her arms. Of course, it's India, the outspoken twin, who is standing with me. Well, Lillie, who doesn't talk, points to the lady and I say "yes, look at the cute baby. Shhh let's be quiet" trying to redirect India's attention to the baby and not the "big tummy". I guess I kinda succedded, India states loud and clear, "Hey Les, we don't say big tummies, right?" Oh, what now. I just said "You're right India."
Okay, last part. No more big tummies talks. While we're walking through the food court on our way to my car, there is a lady in front of us. She's thin, long blonde hair, and you can tell she has on nylons. Her sweatshirt is so long (and her shorts must have been so short) that you coudn't tell she was wearing anything on her bottoms at all. Eliza says, "Hey Les, why does that girl not have on anything?" I said, with a smile, "I don't know, why don't you go ask her?" Luckily, Eliza is the shy one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home